Preparing For DVSA ADI Part 1
Preparing For Theory And Hazard Perception Test, DVSA ADI Part 1
It can be tempting to rely solely on practicing with the many examples of ADI Part 1 examination type questions that are available, however, the real examination questions will be different, so it is essential to study all of the course material thoroughly.
Thorough preparation for ADI Part 1 will help with your subsequent qualification and your role as a driving instructor:
- A sound theoretical knowledge will help your own driving, and therefore help with the ADI Part 2 Test Of Driving Ability.
- The ADI Part 3 Test Of Instructional Ability is assessing you as a teacher, any weaknesses in subject knowledge could affect the result.
- Teaching real people needs expert knowledge of your subject, clients need to understand your explanations, and clients can ask what can seem like difficult questions, unless your knowledge is good.
There are several publications that together give all of the information needed to pass the DVSA ADI Part 1 Theory Test.
Thorough and detailed study of these publications is essential, both to pass the test, but more importantly to have the depth of knowledge to be able to teach.
People learn in different ways, so the best way to study for the DVSA ADI Part 1 Theory Test will vary from person to person.
Some people will feel confident to simply read all of the required material, although some publications may require reading numerous times to fully take in all of the information.
Driving Instructor Trainers can if required provide a workbook that will guide you through your studies, focusing on one subject area at a time, with example questions to confirm that the information studied has been learnt and retained.
There is a lot of material to study, so it is important to allow sufficient time to learn everything.
After the syllabus has been completed, there are several sources of example exam questions available to practice.
Driving Instructor Trainers can provide you with everything that you need to prepare for the DVSA ADI Part 1 Theory Test:
- All of the recommended study books and DVDs
- Essential documents to study as computer files
- A workbook to structure your study
- Access to online resources providing example exam questions to practice
- Email Help
- A Telephone Helpline
- Zoom Help
- In car training to help develop Hazard Perception skills
Pages in the Preparing For DVSA ADI Part 1 Section of the Driving Instructor Trainers website:
Sections of the Driving Instructor Trainers Website:
- Driving Instructor Trainers Home Page
- Driving Instructor Trainers Important Information
- Driving Instructor Qualification Process
- DVSA ADI Part 1 Explained
- Preparing For DVSA ADI Part 1
- DVSA ADI Part 2 Explained
- Preparing For DVSA ADI Part 2
- DVSA ADI Part 3 Explained
- Preparing For DVSA ADI Part 3
- Driving Instructor Trainee Licence
- DVSA ADI Training Programme
- Training To Be A Driving Instructor
- DVSA ADI Training Locations And Fees
- Free Training And Other Offers
- Decisions About Driving Instructor Training
- Choices after Qualifying As A Driving Instructor
- CPD Training For Qualified Driving Instructors
- Terms Of Business
- Other Resources
- Law & Documentation A Driver’s Guide
- Get In Touch With Driving Instructor Trainers