Guide To Theory Test DVSA ADI Part 1
Guide To DVSA ADI Part 1 Theory Test
This examination lasts for 90 minutes and consists of 100 multiple choice questions which are grouped into four bands:-
|Road Procedure||25 questions|
|Traffic Signs & Signals||5 questions|
|Car Control||10 questions|
|Mechanical Knowledge||5 questions|
|Driving Test||10 questions|
|Instructional Techniques||15 questions|
The overall pass mark is 85%
But you must also gain at least 80%, 20 out of 25, in each of the four bands.
This means that if you only score 19 out of 25 in any of the four bands then it is a fail, even if every other question in the exam is correct, so it would theoretically be possible to fail with a score of 94%
Because of the test consisting of 100 questions there is scope to test you on very precise or minute details, so you must ensure that you have an excellent knowledge of all the subjects.
It can be tempting to rely solely on practicing with the many examples of ADI Part 1 examination type questions that are available, however, the real examination questions will be different, so it is essential to study all of the course material thoroughly.
Thorough preparation for ADI Part 1 will help with your subsequent qualification and your role as a driving instructor:
- A sound theoretical knowledge will help your own driving, and therefore help with the ADI Part 2 Test Of Driving Ability.
- The ADI Part 3 Test Of Instructional Ability is assessing you as a teacher, any weaknesses in subject knowledge could affect the result.
- Teaching real people needs expert knowledge of your subject, clients need to understand your explanations, and clients can ask what can seem like difficult questions, unless your knowledge is good.
This Theory Test is immediately followed by The Hazard Perception Test, and both tests must be passed on the same occasion, if either the theory test or the hazard perception test are failed, then both tests must be retaken.
Pages in the DVSA ADI Part 1 Explained Section of the Driving Instructor Trainers website:
Sections of the Driving Instructor Trainers Website:
- Driving Instructor Trainers Home Page
- Driving Instructor Trainers Important Information
- Driving Instructor Qualification Process
- DVSA ADI Part 1 Explained
- Preparing For DVSA ADI Part 1
- DVSA ADI Part 2 Explained
- Preparing For DVSA ADI Part 2
- DVSA ADI Part 3 Explained
- Preparing For DVSA ADI Part 3
- Driving Instructor Trainee Licence
- DVSA ADI Training Programme
- Training To Be A Driving Instructor
- DVSA ADI Training Locations And Fees
- Free Training And Other Offers
- Decisions About Driving Instructor Training
- Choices after Qualifying As A Driving Instructor
- CPD Training For Qualified Driving Instructors
- Terms Of Business
- Other Resources
- Law & Documentation A Driver’s Guide
- Get In Touch With Driving Instructor Trainers